Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Christmas time is here
Ky is 4 months old now and finally growing. She went in for her 4 month check up a few weeks ago and weighed in at 13 pounds 4 ounces. They say she is still a little small for her age but they are happy with her progress and we are sure she will catch up. She is hitting a lot of developmental milestones. She found her feet, rolled from front to back and started to hold things on her own which is extra exciting for us because they were testing her for developmental delays and she passed. Thank god. Unfortunately Ky has to go back in for surgery again on the 21st. She is having her g tube replaced with a button which is great but I am a little nervous because her last one day surgery turned into a ten day stay and two surgeries. I am again just staying hopeful and praying for the best. We have tried solid foods for the first time and she is struggling with it but shows interest in the flavor so far she has only had sweet potatoes but she will learn and we will beat her dependence on her tube. She has started giggling which is such a huge leap from when I couldn't even pick her up. She is an amazing baby and we are going to continue to move forward and keep making improvements. Ky went and saw Santa for the first time with her sister and she didn't even cry. I was so proud of her. We couldn't be more excited about Christmas. It's been hard having Steven working away but we are all going to be together for Christmas and I couldn't be more happy about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment