Thursday, May 3, 2012
I'm back!!!! I haven't been great at updating Ky's blog lately, mostly due to my own acceptance that we are loosing ground and things are continually getting worse. I am having a very hard time dealing with her regressing and trying to manage all her needs. She is going in for the most major of all her surgeries tomorrow and we have done everything in our power to avoid having it done but now it's a necessity. She has started struggling with her swallowing, feeding, reflux, and choking again. Her last swallow study showed no progress since the last one which was 4 surgeries/procedures ago. She has the odds stacked against her for tomorrow as she is a drip fed baby which means her stomach is very small for her age and the chances of having to open her up instead of laparoscopically is a lot higher. She will be in the hospital for a while again and recovery is supposed to be about 6 weeks. The procedure is called a nissen fundoplication and I am very nervous about it. I have learned a lot through this experience but still feel very naive. I have seen so many families recently going through so much with their kids who are struggling through similar or worse situations and it heart wrenching. I just know from how hard it has been to watch Ky suffer that this is not how it's supposed to be. The last week and a half have been bad with her. She got sick and hasn't been able to handle feeds, throwing up, diarrhea, and lost a pound in 5 days (which puts her at 2.61% for weight). I just want her to start getting better. It is such a helpless feeling to watch your baby work so hard to maintain. She pulled out her feeding tube last week which was a scary experience but she handled it like a trooper and she has since got a new one in. She is such a sweet baby and we are so blessed to have her and we just continue to pray everyday for her to start to get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment